Friday, April 23, 2010

Music is awesome, literature is great and art is just wonderous.

Hello, welcome and salutations.

Everyone likes music. It's a billion dollar industry (albeit a dying industry [I don't have numbers to support this ;p]) and it's been around for as long as man has. Art and literature are about the same, enlightening and always somewhat ethereal: watching a painter do his job and reading a novel to escape the harsh reality of mortality. Any Tom, Dick, and Harry could get in on the act and frankly do, so why shouldn't I, right?

Well, I've picked up my dusty bass, bought an amp and went down to my local Salvation Army and got enrolled in a class. Now before I go any further I must point out: I am not at all religious, and the only reason I even went to the Salvation Army is because of my dad. Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing the religious nor advocating it, that's just where I go and I am serious about my musical education.

My dad invited me to go in Thursdays to attend a music class and I jumped on it. I've been going for two to three months now and I'm enjoying it. Listen dudes, if you want to do something, learn a new craft, write poetry or a novel then you should just. Freaking. Do it. There is no benefit from not trying.

Just like Wheezy Waiter said, You can't wait for a project you do come out perfect. Just go with it and something will happen, both good and bad.

So, I have started playing the bass.



Wish me luck in my endeavors and please, have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment